So, basically, my hubby asked me never to make black beans and rice.
He found it to be bland, boring, and too beany. However, I found myself needing a low-cost recipe while I was meal planning last week, and I couldn’t help but try to see if I could make a black beans and rice dish that my hubby would eat. Well, guess what. It turned out to be a hit! We can now start adding this quick, easy, budget-friendly meal to our meal rotation!
Unfortunately, I only have that one pic to share. Writing this blog post was a bit of an afterthought…
Anyways, I hope you and your family enjoys this Black Beans and Rice recipe as well!
- 2 15oz cans Bush's Black Bean Fiesta Savory Beans
- 1 28oz can Petite Diced Tomatoes
- 1-2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Oregano
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Water
- 2 1/2 cups Long Grain White Rice
- Turn the heat up to med/high and stir together beans, tomatoes, salt, pepper, and oregano in a 3.5Qt - 4Qt Skillet.
- Bring the heat up to high, then add the chicken broth and water. Allow this to come to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Once the mixture has come to a boil, bring your heat down to low and stir in the rice.
- Cover and cook on low for about 20 minutes or until most of the liquid has been absorbed and rice is cooked.
- You'll want to stir every so often so the rice doesn't stick to the bottom.
- Once the liquid is absorbed, turn off the heat, give it one last good stir, and enjoy!
- We like to serve ours with a bit of sharp cheddar cheese on top!
Leave a Reply