The lies have been raining down heavy lately.
Feelings of worthlessness fill my being. It’s like a dark cloud that follows me, waiting for the right moment to let loose with fury. The battle is exhausting.
Those around me support me, but they cannot fight my battle for me. Our Lord calls to me, but the noise drowns Him out.
What choice have I, but to move forward? Taking each moment one step at a time.
While I may stumble and fall, I will get back up again. With the Lord as my strength, the devil cannot win.
So I will fight this battle with gratitude and truth.
This has been the state of my heart lately, but on the outside, life carries on as normal. …mostly.
On Friday, our van gave us a bit of a scare, but God was there in even the smallest details.
As I was driving up the mountain after picking the kids up from the bus, our oil light started flashing.
- Just a few weeks before, after my sister had an incident with leaking oil, my husband told me if I was to ever see that light go off, I was to pull over as soon as possible and shut the car off or the engine would burn up. Blessed be God.
- This stretch of road has no shoulder and steep driveways. The light went off just as we were coming to a house on a level section with a driveway AND an access road to their barn that I was able to back into. Blessed be God.
- It was during a busier time of day, but there were no cars behind me. Blessed be God.
- I was able to get a hold of my dad to figure out what I should do next. Blessed be God.
- After talking to him, we determined that it would be okay to try to make it to my sister’s house just a few miles down the road, and we made it there safely. Later, after the oil had settled, we discovered that there was practically no oil left in the tank. Blessed be God.
- We had oil in the van waiting to be used during the oil change, and the van has been running normally since the incident. Blessed be God.
When the blessings and truths are brought to light, the darkness scatters.
My goal this week is to write out at least five statements of gratitude for all that God has blessed me with. There is truly so much to be thankful for.
Leave a Reply