Looking Back at July
July’s garden exploded! By the end of the month, we already had squash, zucchini, cucumbers, and green beans coming out of our eyeballs. With the harvest comes the need to preserve, so we already have a start on frozen and canned green beans, frozen zucchini, and experimental batches of pickles that are turning out really well so far!
I am excited to say that our school routine got off to a great start with a pretty seamless transition! The kids seem to really enjoy the mix of independent and dependent work that we have going on this year. Even Michael is enjoying his Kindergarten work. Last year he just wasn’t quite ready.
Even our home routine has maintained a certain level of consistency. The kids have really stepped up in helping with their required zones at the appropriate times. Of course, there are times when our house looks like a war zone, but we know that it will be taken care of in due time. The weekend is the main enemy of housework right now. With no consistent schedule and more coming and going, I’m usually greeted with quite the mess by Monday morning.
Although we weren’t able to do the coffee dates or have dinner with our friends, we still had a blast with everyone during our camping trip. My sister night was a blast as well!
Finally, my VA business is making good progress. I’ve been mostly in the marketing and networking stage so far, but we’re moving into acquiring clients!
- Bean Harvest
- Can Beans
- Freeze Beans
- Harvest cucumbers
- Make Pickles
- Harvest Bell Peppers
- Freeze Bell Peppers
- Harvest Tomatoes
- Make and Can Pasta Sauce
- Harvest Other Ripe Veggies
- Implement tweaked cleaning routine for the school year.
This includes Laundry on Mondays, Focus on Kitchen and Living Room on Tuesdays, Meal Planning and Grocery Ordering on Wednesday, Focus on Bathroom on Thursday, Focus on Bedrooms on Fridays.
- Prep for baby: Go through what I have to see what I may need.
- Just under three weeks of school left before our 3 week baby break.
- Prepare for co-op starting up at the end of September.
- Get together with another family before the baby comes.
- Coffee date with a friend. …Let’s try this again
- Create social media posts monthly vs weekly for both blog and business
- Write 2 blog posts/week and schedule
- Continue networking
- Book 4 more discovery calls
- Acquire 2 new clients
- Start work for my newest client
What are your goals for the month of August? Share in the comments below!
Did you like this post? Don’t forget to Pin it!